The Meaning of the Sparrow Tattoo
- Sparrow tattoos used to be preferred by sailors. Only sailors who were over the sea were allowed to have a sparrow tattoo made on their body.
- This bird was used to search for appropriate directions, and is therefore known in connection with the Navy or the sailors.
- These tattoos were also used as memorials to a dead loved one. This concept was popular in ancient Egyptian culture and is widely used – even today.
- Though humble and simple, he is considered one of the most intelligent birds and is used as a symbol of wisdom.
- Similar to other birds, the sparrow also stands for freedom because of its free spirit.
- You may not be aware of it, but there are religious and spiritual meanings associated with this tattoo as well. The sparrow symbolizes God’s grace and care for each and every living being in the world.
- Although these birds do not symbolize love, the design is done by those who have found true love in life. Persistence in love is a popular meaning.
- You stand for loyalty. It is believed that when these birds mate is a lifetime, and therefore, they symbolize loyalty and constancy in life.
Sparrow Tattoo Designs
There are several interesting designs that you can choose from. You can choose either a single sparrow perched on a branch or a few that fly together. Sparrow tattoos don’t necessarily have to be black and brown in color. You can also choose it in other bright colors like blue, red, golden, etc. The Celtic sparrow tattoo is also favored by many people these days. On the other hand, if you go for a thoughtful design, others can add abstract art, branches, leaves, etc. to the sparrow tattoo.
So, as the sum of the above, we find that wisdom, religion, love, loyalty, memory, etc., are some of the popular meanings related to the sparrow tattoo. Lastly, make sure you have a tattoo from a certified professional artist.
Especially one of the most beautiful pictures that comes to mind is the sparrow tattoo in the Pirates of the Caribbean but you should keep in mind that this tattoo requires a lot of work and skill, it should look exactly like the tattoo by Johnny Depp. But of course there are also a lot of other sparrow tattoos like you can see in the pictures below.