Watercolor-style tattooing is a trend that has taken over social networks. This style is marked by little or no use of outline, in addition to refraining from black ink. The idea is to create a real work of art, simulating paint strokes.
In today’s Tattoolandia guide, you will see a gallery of over one hundred and fifty selected images of the most beautiful watercolor style tattoos for you to enjoy. inspire when doing yours.
Although they’re very pretty, as it’s not all flowers in life, watercolor tattoos have a downside: they fade a little faster than normal. And this is further aggravated by tattoos without outline.
The big secret of these tattoos is to create depth with the play of colors.
Watercolor Tattoo Design Ideas
Hummingbird that brought my love.
If you like bigger projects, you’ll be surprised by this gigantic fox.If you’re creative, you must have had good ideas looking at this tattoo.
See some design suggestions for you to include in your watercolor tattoo project:
- Flowers: if you have a design that benefits from adding more colors in the palette are flowers. Flowers combined with the watercolor style are a real highlight for the eyes. A unique combination.
- Rainbow: one of the symbols of the LGBT movement, and also of the alliance of God with man for the Abanian religions. The rainbow looks really cool in this style because of course it’s already a watercolor of God without the outline.
- Ink splatters: One of the hot trends we’re seeing this year are the tattoos of the abstract style, which contain no explicit meaning. Watercolor-style ink splash tattoos enter this abstract art mat on the skin.
- Butterflies: symbolize life, hope, rebirth, a new phase. With this wealth of meanings, they are beautiful options to include in your project.
- Landscapes: a blue sky with white clouds, a wave made with paint splashes, a forest of explosive colors, finally, the possibilities of landscapes are the most diverse. If you want bigger tattoos, this might be a good idea.
- Animals: each animal has a specific meaning that can be related to its personality or philosophy of life. As nature is vast in animals, there are plenty of options.
Another idea is to buy paint yourself, make your own painting, and tattoo it on your body.
Common Doubts About Style
Do you have any doubts about this tattoo style? Check out our Q&A session with frequently asked questions: