Before I start with the meanings of owl tattoos in today’s article, I would like you to get to know the owls themselves a little bit. What is an owl? The owl’s head is large and hairy. Although they have a short tail, they have broad and long wings. On some owls, the wingspan of the wings is as long as a normal human. There are also smaller ones like a sparrow. They have curved beaks, sharp claws and curve-like claw hooks. They literally clamp their strong claws to their prey. Sometimes the grips are so strong that if they clasp a human wrist and the owl is very stubborn, the only way to free the joint is to remove the foot (beam).
As I said, the owl is a bearer of many symbols. This is not a big surprise, however, as the bird has an appearance that is unique. The owl is also rarely seen, especially during the day. Most of the time, you can see him at night. It is something precious that cannot be easily found just by a great search.
The owl tattoo is an intricate and beautiful design a job that is very appealing to the eye. the owl tattoo symbolism is associated with education and wisdom. The Indians believe that the owl is as a protector of sacred knowledge, hence it is as a symbol of intelligence.
Owl Tattoo Meanings for Different Populations
- Symbol of Death
According to A common belief is the owl, the protector of the dead. It is commonly known as the “Angel of Death”. Belief in the owl is so strong that some people claim it can communicate with the dead and the underground. Some of the meanings about the owl can be frightening, it says if one dreams of an owl at night it is death for the person or for someone very close.
- Symbol of the deity
For the Greeks, the owl was saint especially for the learning goddess, known as Athena. Hence, the owl tattoo symbolizes sanctity for you. Some cultures like the Hindu believed the owl carried the wealth of the goddess Laxmith. That is why the owl tattoo is associated with wealth.
- Symbol of freedom and vision
The birds are well known and also symbolize freedom because they can fly anywhere as they please. The owl is a great hunter with its huge eyes. The owl is also known to forage for food in a calm and organized manner, despite the fluttering of its wings. That is why the owl is used in ancient meteorologists for the different seasons and it also symbolizes vision. Knowledge protection wealth are represented among other things by the owl. Men and women wear the owl as a tattoo to symbolize the different meanings. Before you decide on the owl design, it is important to know the individual meanings. I have detailed various owl tattoos and the meanings for them below.
- A symbol of independence
- A symbol of knowledge
- A symbol of wisdom
- A symbol of vision
- a Token of Protection
- A Token of Secrecy
- A Icon of Rarity
- A Token of Secrecy
- A Token of Experiences
- A Icon of transition
In addition to the rich symbolic face, the owl is also a colorful beauty, so it is no wonder that it is very popular as a tattoo.If you want a cute owl tattoo you can have it tattooed as a cartoon design.
If you want a more serious design choose a fully-realistic owl tattoo.
The creativity of tattoo artists has increased over time and also with the owl tattoos you will see there are, for example, owls with gemstone eyes or owls that hold lanterns with their claws and much more. You can see owls related to many things nowadays on clocks than horn glass and much more. Some parents have baby tattoos tattooed to represent their children. You can have the children’s names written under the baby owls.
Therefore it is important that you know the meaning of the individual owl symbols that will accompany you until the end of your life. Send your message with the right tattoo that you want to send.
Owl Tattoo Variations
1. Different Options of Owl Tattoos There are a number of different owl tattoo available. Just like there are different types of owls. Barn owl can be used as a symbol of mystery. On the other hand, the snowy owl is a symbol of elegance and dignity. The physical property of the barn owl design is quite obvious. The barn owl can be identified by its large face shape, while the snowy owl can be recognized by its perfect white feathers. And others have long ears, for example.
2. Celtic Owl Tattoos Barn owls have different meanings in different places. In the European world it has contradicting connotations, with two opposing goals, one symbolizes wisdom and the second symbolizes the dead. Hence, one means Celtic Owl tattoo danger and the fear of the dead. It symbolizes awe.
3. Tribal Owl Tattoos Owls were seen as callers to the bad times. For the Indians in particular, owls were a sign of approaching destruction and death. Tribal owl tattoos in the Caribbean and Latin America are closely associated with bad luck and, in the worst case, with the dead. A tattoo of this type simply shows fear and downfall.
4. Beyond Fear While the owls are viewed as the sign of death in some places, it is amazing that in others it is viewed as a source of knowledge and illumination in this sense the owls show Tattoo a deep spiritual belief and personal acceptance of what life has in store for you.
What to do with the tattoo
Where to wear an owl tattoo in general ideally these tattoos are very useful so you should place this tattoo in the right place. They can be any size. Because of this, owl tattoos can be placed in different parts of the body. Specialists in owl tattoos can help them in choosing which of the tattoo to use.
However, an owl tattoo can look very attractive and very noticeable over a large area as it will have a lot more detail. This is just one example, you will get a detailed owl tattoo.
The best thing is you can combine the owl tattoos with other designs and achieve amazing results on different areas. For this reason I have prepared pictures below in which area you can place owl tattoos. I hope that with this article I have made your decision a little easier.